LINTON FALLS

JULY 2015

LOWER LINTON FALLS

ON TOP OF LOWER LINTON FALLS

THREE SISTERS

The Linton Falls are reached via a four mile round-trip hike that passes through the forest and along the shores of Linton Lake. From the trailhead it is about 1.5 miles to Linton Lake. Once you reach the lake, the main trail will end, and you will need to continue to make your way along the side of the lake to Linton Creek. Once you hit Linton Creek, just follow it up to the falls. There is not a great trail here, but there were a few makeshift trails that started and stopped along the left side of the creek. I guess the more people who visit the falls, the better the trail will become. 

After hiking about a quarter-mile up Linton Creek, you will find yourself on the side of a gorge overlooking the lower falls. This was an impressive waterfall, and I was a little frustrated that there was no easy way down to the bottom of the gorge to view them from below. But I continued on to the top of the falls where I relaxed for a bit before heading back. I didn't have great directions when I hiked this trail, and didn't realize until later that there was an Upper Linton Falls just a few hundred feet above the top of the Lower Falls. I will definitely have to try this hike again some time.